Note about iOS 14: no updates are required for offers tracked with Branch. TUNE’s postback tracking does not rely on IDFA for attribution.
This article is intended for customers interested in driving mobile app conversions and having the Branch SDK installed in their app. Branch is a mobile linking and attribution platform and is a TUNE-integrated partner. With the TUNE and Branch integration, you can accurately measure mobile app conversions coming through your partner marketing campaigns and ensure the related mobile app data is passed back to TUNE.
Enable the Integration
To enable the integration, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Ads page on the Branch dashboard.
2. Select Partner Management from the sidebar.
3. Search for “HasOffers”.
4. In the Domain field, enter the correct tracking domain for your TUNE account and select "Save & Enable"
The postback for your Install event will be automatically activated when you enable the integration. You can then add additional postbacks for custom events once you’ve created the corresponding goals in TUNE.
Create an Ad Link
Once you’ve enabled the integration, it’s time to create a tracking link.
First, select an ad format. For App Install or App Engagement campaigns you’ll want to select the App Only format. For Search or Display campaigns where the user should go to the web if they don’t have the app, then you should select Cross-Platform Search or Cross-Platform Display. Product Links are for shopping or dynamic remarketing campaigns and will take you to create a Deep Linked Product Feed.
Second, you need to name your link. Select something that will make it easy to find if you need it later. Your Ad Format and Ad Partner should be pre-filled. Click Configure Options to add optional Analytics Tags or click Create Link Now to generate the link.
Your Branch click tracking link is now created. Click the Copy button to copy the link to your clipboard, as we’ll need it in the next section.
Create an Offer in TUNE
1. In TUNE, navigate to Offers > Create Offer.
2. Paste the Branch link from the previous step in the Default Offer URL field.
3. Select “Server Postback w/ Transaction ID” from the Conversion Tracking dropdown.
4. If you want to track post-install events for your offer, scroll down to the Goals section and select “Enabled” from the Multiple Conversion Goals dropdown. Give your default goal a name (usually “Install”).
- Follow the steps in our Creating an Offer article to fill out the rest of the offer’s details.
- Click Add Offer.
Configure Additional Goals in TUNE (Optional)
- Navigate to the offer you just created, then click Add Goal in the Goals panel.
- Name your goal (such as “Open” or “Account Created”).
- As before, select “Server Postback w/ Transaction ID” from the Conversion Tracking dropdown.
- Fill out any other optional info you want to add to the goal, then click Add Goal.
- Repeat this process for any other events you want to track.
Configure Event Postbacks in Branch (Optional)
To configure event postbacks in Branch for the goals we created above, follow these steps:
1. In TUNE, navigate to your offer’s detail page.
2. Copy the Goal ID of the event you want to set a postback for. In the example below, “239” is the goal ID for the “Open” goal.
3. In Branch, navigate to Ads > Partner Management, then click “HasOffers”.
4. On the Postback Config tab, paste the goal ID into the corresponding event’s Goal ID box. If the events are not already created in Branch, you can click Add New Postback to create them.
5. Click Save